Are you interested in gaining valuable leadership and networking experiences while strengthening our CUNY BA community?
If your answer to the above question is “yes,” then please consider applying to be a CUNY BA Peer Mentor!
The previous CUNY BA Peer Mentor Program pairs experienced CUNY BA students with 1-2 mentees who are relatively new to CUNY BA. Peer mentors help newer students navigate formal and informal challenges within CUNY BA, share advice about professional development, and provide a source of peer support to ensure that mentees adjust smoothly to life in CUNY BA.
What are the expectations for peer mentors?
- Commit to the program for one semester (with the option to reapply in subsequent semesters).
- Attend an online orientation session at the beginning of the semester.
- Provide social support and guidance to 1-2 mentees at least three times per semester, using whichever mode of communication works best for you and each mentee.
- Help with evaluating and refining this newer CUNY BA program through two brief programmatic surveys.
What are the criteria for becoming a CUNY BA peer mentor?
- Be currently enrolled in CUNY BA for at least two semesters.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Have the desire to help and actively engage with others.
- Past community involvement and leadership experience are preferred but not required.
Interested in Applying?
For more information about this program, please check out our new Peer Mentor Program page on the CUNY BA website. Peer mentors and mentees are assigned for one-semester terms at the beginning of the Fall and Spring semester. If you are interested in applying to be a Peer Mentor for Spring 2024, apply here by January 31, 2024