2023 CUNY Thomas Tam Scholarship Application is Open
The Thomas Tam Scholarship is funded by an endowment established by the City University of New York in recognition of Dr. Thomas Tam’s contributions as a former member of the CUNY Board of Trustees, founding Executive Director of the Asian American / Asian Research Institute, and leadership in the Asian American community.
The Scholarship awards $1,000 to an individual qualified undergraduate student who is currently enrolled at any of the twenty-one colleges within CUNY, Asian or non-Asian, who has demonstrated creativity in the communication of the concerns of the Asian American community in areas such as health, education, culture, media or advocacy/activism.
2023 Scholarship Application Form (Download)
ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS:
All currently enrolled CUNY undergraduate students are eligible to apply for the Thomas Tam Scholarship.
Display of communication of the concerns of the Asian American community can be in the form of written reports, film, video, new media techniques, and the development of performances or materials in the arts and sciences.
The following are the issues to be addressed in your application for the Tam Scholarship. Please be sure to cover all of the points in your application.
- Please describe your project in detail. Be sure to tell us about the issue of concern to the Asian American community that the project is designed to address.
- Please explain how your project demonstrates creativity in communicating the concerns of Asian Americans in areas such as health, education, culture, media, and advocacy.
- What are the objectives or goals of the project, i.e., what do you want to accomplish, or what impact or effect will it have? How will you know that it has been successful?
- How was the project implemented, or if it is in progress or a future project, please describe how it will be implemented.
- Is the project completed, is it in progress, or is it a future project? (Note: Uncompleted/future projects will only receive partial scholarship awards until they are completed.)
Application Submission Deadline:
Friday, October 20, 2023
Scholarship Committee: TBA
Coordinator: William Tam