Below, please find an announcement about an exciting opportunity from Women Creating Change (WCC) and CUNY:
Please join us we want to hear from you! On Thursday, August 22nd, Women Creating Change (WCC) and CUNY will host a workshop from 12:00pm – 2:30pm at CUNY Central Office located at 205 East 42nd Street. Women Creating Change, a non-profit committed to increasing civic engagement among women living in New York City, is interested in engaging CUNY women in a fun, interactive activity and discussion around civic engagement and participation.
Lunch will be served from 12:00pm – 12:30 pm, roundtrip metro cards will be provided to all students and a raffle will be conducted for few gift cards at the end of the session. Join us and share your recommendations for how to encourage greater civic and political engagement in New York City.
Please complete Registration Form by Thursday August 15th, 2019. Confirmation emails will be sent out on Monday, August 19th.
In addition, all students under the age 35 have the opportunity to join Women Creating Change for a 2 year complimentary membership.
Membership Benefits Include
- Public programs featuring leading public policy experts and access to elected and public officials
- Opportunities to join task forces that research key issues and formulate positions
- Action alert emails on current and emerging policy and legislation
- Access to our publications
- Networking opportunities with a dynamic group of informed activists
Each enrolled member decides how much time and effort they can give. We invite you to join to help shape public policy through education, issue analysis, advocacy and civic participation. Enrollment is NOT required to participate in the August 22nd workshop.