Congratulations, you special day is coming soon!
Our ceremony is a moving, wonderful experience. We are sure you will want to celebrate with your family and friends.
Eligibility for Graduation
CUNY BA students, if you are planning on attending the commencement ceremony on Monday, June 3, 2019, you have to be part of one of these (potential) graduating classes:
- September 2018 graduate
- January 2019 graduate
- Potential June 2019 graduate (deadline to complete graduation audit is March 1st)
- Potential September 2019 graduate
If you fall into these categories you are eligible to participate in CUNY BA’s commencement ceremony. If you are unsure about whether or not you qualify for graduation, be sure to meet with your academic advisor ASAP and go over graduation requirements. Students must have completed a graduation audit in order to be eligible.
- For last names beginning with letters A – C, H – O contact
Rafal Szczurowski 212.817.8225
- For last names beginning with D – G, P – Z contact
Kate McPherson 212.817.8237
Dates to Remember:
- Commencement Registration and payment – due by Sunday, May 12th
- Request for Foreign Embassy / Consulate Letter – due Friday, April 19th
- Alumni Awards Application – due Friday, May 10th (if you’re applying)
- Awards & Graduate School Info – due Friday, May 10th
Let Us Brag About You!
One of the many things that make our commencement extraordinary is the opportunity we have to recognize each graduate; each will come to the stage to receive the letter of congratulations. In reading the names of the graduates, some of the honors and awards you have earned will be mentioned. In order to do so, we need to know what your honors are (from CUNY and beyond). We would also like to know who has been accepted to graduate school already and who has received raises, promotions or new employment opportunities as a result of earning this degree. Dr. Hartswick will use some specific examples in his Commencement remarks. Please complete this form by May 10th.
All students wishing to participate in commencement must register and pay for their cap and gown via Eventbrite by May 12th.
- If you are renting a black cap and black gown for your home college’s ceremony, you may use the same attire for our event; in that case, your fee will be $55.00 (you’ll get a CUNY BA sash and tassel).
- If you need all of the commencement attire (black cap and gown, sash and tassel), your fee will be $70.
You will receive an email in mid-May with details about picking up the cap and gown, diplomas, directions to the Graduate Center, etc. Details will also be posted on our website.
For general questions contact Ana or Nicholas at 212.817.8221 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participation at Home College
We know that many of you feel a strong bond to your home campus so we’re glad to remind you that you are eligible to participate in your home college commencement in addition to the CUNY BA ceremony. In March, our Registrar sends the names of graduates and potential graduates to the senior colleges. (Note: some colleges do not allow upcoming September graduates to walk in June; CUNY BA does.) If you have questions about your home college’s commencement please contact your home college directly. You will be responsible for identifying the office on campus that handles arrangements and signing yourself up.
Commencement Invitations and Guests
We want you to enjoy your big day as much as possible so we think it’s important to have your friends, family, mentors and guests there to celebrate with you! Feel free to share these images with friends and family via email or social media! Use #CUNYBA #IamCUNYBA. Everyone and anyone can watch the live stream.
Speaking of Social Media…
Are you following us?!
Check into the Facebook event for CUNY BA commencement to stay updated with pictures